Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Fox Nail Art


I started off with a base of OPI - My Vampire is Buff (adore this color!) on all fingers but the ring finger and thumb. For the remaining fingers I painted on two coats of OPI - My Favorite Ornament.

I then proceeded to do the dry brush technique on the MViB nails using Revlon Colorstay - Trade Winds and Zoya - Flynn. I wanted it to look a bit wood grainy but I went in a bit too heavy handed for that. It still creates an awesome effect though!

Next I went in with white acrylic paint, which was a new experience for me. I used the white paint to make the vines and leaves. I typically mess things like that up so I thought I'd try the paint this time so that if I messed up I could just wash it off. That sort of worked. Sort of.

I filled in the vines with ORLY - Coachella Dweller and the leaves with Sally Hansen Magnetic - Electric Emerald and Pure Ice - Creme Wild Thing. I then just dotted on simple flowers with a Utes nail polish and Wet N Wild - Sunny Side Up. I dotted those in the middle with My Vampire is Buff.

I painted a fox on my middle finger. I love this fox but it's a bit different from the fox in my inspiration. I attempted the fox from my inspiration but it ended badly.

Anyway, I've blabbered on enough. Here's the photo of my inspiration. It is a card filled with cute little sticky notes. I have a feeling I'll be using this item for more inspiration in the future.

Polishes Used:
OPI - My Vampire is Buff
OPI - My Favorite Ornament
Zoya - Flynn
Revlon - Trade Wings
Pure Ice - Creme Wild Thing
Sally Hansen Magnetic - Electric Emerald
ORLY - Coachella Dweller
Wet n Wild - Sunny Side Up
Utes Nail Polish
Black & White Acrylic Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment